About Your Visit
New Patient Appointments
New patient appointments include:
- a thorough medical history,
- a physical or virtual examination,
- and testing.
The duration and cost of this visit will vary based on your medical condition and the type of testing that your allergist recommends. The evaluation can take 1 to 3 hours due to allergy testing.
About Your Medications
It is important that you avoid taking OTC (over the counter) & prescribed antihistamines at least 72 hours prior to visit (Zyrtec/cetirizine should be stopped at least 5 days prior to your appointment), if possible. Please note, we will be unable to perform testing if you have taken antihistamines within 72 hours of your appointment.
Do not stop asthma medication(s).
Contact your prescribing physician prior to stopping any prescribed medication(s).
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- a list of current allergy and/or asthma medication(s),
- all medication(s) and devices used to take the medications (do not no need to bring nebulizer),
- lab results and sinus or chest X-ray/CT scan performed in the last six (6) months,
- your insurance card & photo ID.
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment.